• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wspe1

wspe1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 12:42 PM

GA precision 50 cal rifle looks very similar to the McBros 50, I know they use the same stock but what else is different?

#2 dsr

dsr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 04:49 PM

Wspe1,

Wow, I can't believe that you have stumped us. I have only seen a McBros rifle (a budy has one) and have not run across GA Precision yet and am unable to answer your question. But if you wait (it sometime takes a couple of days for every body to cycle through) somebody will have an answer for you.

dsr

#3 dsr

dsr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 10:24 AM

Wspe1,

This is from the members side courtesy of BillHPBT,

"

GA Precision is tops in building tactical rifles. I suspect the rifle in question uses a McMillan 50BMG action in a McMillan stock, so these parts may well be identical.

GA Precision excells in "blueprinting" factory actions for standard caliber tactical rifles and in accurate chambering of whatever caliber you fancy in top quality name brand precision barrels.

I have no idea if the McMillan 50BMG action could benefit from squaring up as it is a custom action to start with, but proper chambering of a top flight barrel and then fitting the action into the stock is the craftmanship magic guys pay top dollar for the big name gunsmiths to perform.

Action Gunworks also builds up McMillan actions into top flight 50BMG match rifles. And I'm sure there are many more good builders out there. You just got to pick a 'smith you trust based on track record, experience, word of mouth or what the oijia board told you!

Me, I shoot one of them mousegun based 50's

"

Thanks to BillHPBT for the correct skinny

also

I would highly recommend joining FCSA it is a very small investment for the cost on a expensive rifle and could save much in time and pocket change.

Regards,
dsr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users